Saturday, May 16, 2009

I have a spending problem

So...my job is evil. Well, there's nothing really wrong with it; great staff, great boss, good hours, good pay, good location; I've no real complaints except that I've developed a spending problem as a result of it!

Today, after weeks of good saving practice, I only went and bought four books! They better be good, or I'll be so freaking pissed! Well, I've started into one already, Skellig by David Almond. It's as good as Andy Walker said it would be. 27 and 53, remember those if you find a weird guy in the garage of your new house.

Alongside Skellig are John the Revelator, First Verse and How Not to Write. I can't remember what made me want to read John the Revelator, but I have it now so I may as well give it a shot. First Verse looked really interesting, and I saw it weeks ago when it first came in; it wasn't just a spontaneous purchase. The last book was a bit random. I saw it and I was buying books, so I decided not to wait. Besides, Rachel and I were only discussing recently how the forum is a great way not to write, so I'm taking that as a sign!

We'll find out soon if my problem really is bad; I have books lined up to buy, and I wasn't going to buy anything but them...we'll see, anyway.

No comments: