Sunday, July 5, 2009

The font I use...

I've noticed this became a big thing with writers - the fonts they used. It's all about style, presentation, and just what sort of story it is.

For me, not so much. I have my preferred fonts, of course; Times New Roman is a bit boring, but easy to read; Arial is less boring, and even easier to read; Comic Sans is more fun and just as legible. However, my favourite font isn't on the desktop I sit at now!! Calibri, which came with my laptop, is such a great font! It's simple, stylish, and new.

That last one is very important. New. It embodies everything my writing has become. I'm not the same writer I used to be, and my work is improving noticably. I want to symbolise that in the font I use, because it's a statement of my rebirth as a writer. When I wrote Meet Sam, the entire thing was in Calibri. It was excellent. Not the book (I'm much too modest to make that remark) but the way it looked. I could read it, it looked cool, and I didn't get bored with it.

What are your favourite fonts, and why?

(yes, this is just a boring blog, but I got an idea and I couldn't put it away)

No comments: