Saturday, January 23, 2010

I got new books

Well, if that wasn't a self-explanatory title, I don't know what is! As you know, if you've been following my blog for a long time, or stalking me, I work in a book shop. I'm quite happy with that fact - I want to write, I love to read, and I don't have a lot of money. So 30% off books is great for me (i.e. my staff discount).

Today, I went a little bit overboard (ha - no such thing as overboard with books!). I got... 7 books? Okay, so two weren't really books, and one wasn't for me.... I digress.

I'll start with the ones that aren't books. StoryWorld: Stories of the Sea and StoryWorld: Animal Tales. I have the other three decks of cards as well, so it made sense to complete my collection... unless they plan on releasing more packs... then I have to spend more money. I hope to make use of these cards both with my own writing and, if it's allowed, on YouTube. (see, this is me always thinking about how to use my resources to my advantage).

Next, the book that wasn't for me. See, I already have my copy, and this one is for my twin. Children's Minds, by Margaret Donaldson is a book we need for college. It's supposed to be good... I suppose I better read it, then.

Then the rest... Toy Stories, by James May, to share with my brothers. We all loved the show, and the book was 70% off - it made sense to invest in familial bonding this way. The Little Black Book - Books, because I like books. And it cost me €2. Ka-ching! I'll make use of it, I promise... Into Battle, by Garth Nix, because I love his books. I still have to read Above the Veil, though... silly me. And finally, but not the least important by any means, Hunger, by Michael Grant. Loved Gone, now to try the sequel. Can't wait! (except I have to, because I'm behind on college reading, and stuff)

Believe it or not, they aren't the only books unread in my collection that I can see. Seriously, I have dozens of books bought but not read. A small fortune went into my mini-library. This summer is reading summer, I think. And writing summer. And the summer of keeping up with friends old and new. And hopefully the summer I get to spend editing a book based on a publisher's recommendations for it. (a man can dream, can't he?)

What are your reading lists like?

No comments: