Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Poetry Against Cancer available for Pre-Order!

Well, the day's finally come when Poetry Against Cancer is availabe for pre-order! It costs €7.50, plus postage and packaging of €1.50 (€9.00 in total), and will be like that for one week, until it's release. The button to pre-order is in the right-hand sidebar on my blog, right there at the top of the page. Click it... you know you want to.

Just make sure to leave your address so I know where to ship the book. Shipping in the same for everywhere, so you don't have to worry about that.

I was asked earlier - why the pre-order period? Why not just let the Print On Demand do its job? The answer: we plan on having a launch for the book. Right now, I've just waiting for a reply from a bookshop about it, and then we'll be set. If the owner says no, then I'll have to try organise something myself. I might see if Niamh can get the choir to perform for it. That would be awesome indeed. Would need a few songs for it, but it would be during the Easter break, so I'm sure they could muster something... I'll have to see. Everyone's fairly busy these days.

Of course, I can always ask the likes of Rob N' Eoin and Slow Motion Getaway from college to perform, but I'd like to ask Niamh first, based on the bookshop's response of course. Will need a number for the latter band if I'm to ask them though. They're music option number three, since I haven't heard them play before (in actual fact, I've only really heard Rob N' Eoin in class and at mass...)

I would also need a venue that's accessible to everyone. A pub launch might work... it'd be a venue for the musicians and an easy place to contact. The Pint Pub seems to go down well...

Okay, enough hypothetical scheming! This is getting crazy. It hasn't even happened yet. The book isn't even ready for public purchase through Lulu.com! Calm down Paul!

In the meantime, tell your family and friends to buy the book. It's not too expensive, and it's for a good cause! All the money raised goes to St John's Ward at Our Lady's Children's Hospital!

Once the pre-order period is over, the book will only be available from Lulu.com. The postage will be higher then, so don't delay! Order soon!

All the very best,
Paul.

No comments: