Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Friend #2

Hello and welcome back to Friday Friend, in which I open the doors to the lives of my friends against their will. This week, we have the lovely Hyper McHen. I first met Hyper back in September for college; due to the explosive nature of our individual positive energies, we quickly became friends and have since gone on to wreck the heads of many a person in the college. And each other. Sure, what are friends for?

Hyper comes from Wexford, though she's lived in Kildare most of her life. Much of her time is spent away from home; she goes to Dublin for college and has a way of running off to Wexford or Tipperary or some other county that's not Kildare almost every week, and will soon be venturing off to Galway every month for Drama. Because that's the sort of person Hyper is.

She's one of my very best friends in the college, and outside of it. While we may get on each other's nerves a lot, she knows when to be serious, when to just be the sort of friend that gives you company and comforting words.

There's so much to like about Hyper McHen, I don't know where to begin. Okay, I like her happiness. I like that 95% of the time she's the happiest person in the college. I like that she's not afraid to say something mean about someone to their face - which isn't as bad as it sounds - because everyone knows she's doing it for the laugh. I like that she reads so much. I like that she's always there to help when you need her to. I like that she wears boys' clothes but still finds shoes pretty. I like that just by sitting down next to me she can make me feel better when I'm feeling down. I like knowing when she's seen a guy she likes because it gives us something to laugh about. I like that she's always herself unless she's acting for Drama.

Hyper McHen - so called because she's hyper, she needed a surname and she has hens - is a friend for life, and I'm blessed every day that she's there to talk to me. She was one of my first friends at college and she's one of the people I spend a lot more time with than anyone else.

And my closing remarks? Don't be afraid to be who you are, because people will love you for it. And live by the Rules of Adventureland, because you know you love the time you have for following them.

No comments: